Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I suspect our HOA President and property manager are working…

Customer Question
I suspect our HOA President...
I suspect our HOA President and property manager are working together in stealing from our Association through vendors, HOA fees etc. Who and where would conduct an investigation in something like this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/28/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: FLACORPLAWYER, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
FLACORPLAWYER
Start by sending a certified letter, return receipt requested, to the association advising them that as an owner, you wish to inspect all of the books and records of the association within 7 days. Tell them to state a date and time when you can come in and look. They must provide everything except communications with the association lawyer that relate directly to the settlement of litigation. This association should have financial statements, review them and see if there is anything to refer to a state agency.
Which state agency would investigate this?
Relist: Incomplete answer.