Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We live in Texas. My wife inherited two lots in Florida. What…

Customer Question
We live in Texas. My...
We live in Texas. My wife inherited two lots in Florida. What is the best way to have the title transferred to her?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/27/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney replied 8 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
The personal representative of the estate should distribute the lots to her out of the estate. She should not have to do anything.
The real question is: "what is the least difficult and inexpensive way to have the will probated in Florida so the lots can be transferred to my wife?
Where did the deceased live? Is there a probate action that has been filed and if so where?
Sorry.

The deceased lived in Texas (San Antonio). Probate was completed in San Antonio several years ago, but the Florida land was not included.
There will have to be an ancillary probate in Florida in the county where the land is located. It should be done by the personal representative that handled the Texas probate if possible. You will need an attorney in Florida. Here is the referral site

http://www.martindale.com