Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

The county tax assessor has my home assessed on lot a and according…

Customer Question
The county tax assessor has...
The county tax assessor has my home assessed on lot a and according to my survey my home is on both a and lot b. My neighbor owns lot b that was purchased via a tax sale back in 1964 by prior owners of his home.
my home is clearly missrepresented by the county.
and my title company, do i sue them jointly?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/27/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Thanks for your question.This is really two different suits.The title company is liable here for the bad title involved and that set of issues and damages.The county may be a different matter here.

You would seek return of taxes and other damages based on their errors.I really don't think you woudl want to combine these because there are some different issues involved.You will need a local lawyer to pursue all of this.