Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Dear SIR(s), Could you please tell me my rights concerning…

Customer Question
Dear SIR(s), Could you please...
Dear SIR(s), Could you please tell me my rights concerning recovery of my personal property located at a home that has been sold in a foreclosure sale. Please e-mail answer [email protected] or phone me at(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/26/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Roger, Lawyer
Unless the property inside the house was pledged as collateral for the mortgage loan that is being foreclosed, the lender doesn't have a claim or right to the property and must allow you to recover it.
The property was in no way tied to any leins and we wern't notified about any need to come and reclaim. If you could expand any on this process I would be very thankful.
You need to send the lender a letter demanding access to your property. The lender is required to allow you to recover your things prior to the foreclosure sale.