Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Legaly how many days do I have to move out if I dont pay my…

Customer Question
Legaly how many days do...
Legaly how many days do I have to move out if I don't pay my last month of rent? My Landloard has been giving me such a hard time I am feeling harrased. I had told her I was moving out by the end of this month have her house ready by the 3rd of July since that's when my rent is due. My parents are buying a home and he thought everything would be ok by now to move it some somehow something went wrong wit the paper work.... So now we can't move out.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/26/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. You can take your time because landlord has to serve notice and take you to court which can take around a month unless you agree otherwise on a departure date.