Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have a judgment and a valid lien against a Condominium developer…

Customer Question
I have a judgment and...
I have a judgment and a valid lien against a Condominium developer who owes me my deposit back since condominium unit was not built as originally designed. The court agreed with me and ruled that I have a right to my full deposit back plus interest and court fees. The bank has now foreclosed on the finished condominium and I am told that I can't get my deposit back now, even with the judgment and valid lien. Can this be true?

Additional Details:
The deposit is in the several hundreds of thousands of dollar range as well. I believe at least half remains in escrow.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/26/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. How much are you owed?