Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

have been working with mortgage company for a modification…

Customer Question
have been working with mortgage...
have been working with mortgage company for a modification and they have moved it to foreclousure with sale date on June 30 How can I stop the sale?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/26/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: David L, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
David L
David L, Lawyer
Hi. Unfortunately, even during the modification process, the lenders don't put things on hold. As has happened in your case, most lenders continue through the foreclosure process. I don't know if you've filed anything or otherwise participated in defending your foreclosure case, but if your sale date is in five days, I suggest you immediately consult with a local attorney and see if any motion can be filed to put off the sale. The lender is not going to put it off to get you a modification.

Yes I understand that I need to consult with a local attorney but I wanted to know what documents I should have and the motion that needs to be filed in Wyoming as this is for my mother.

Thank you

It's impossible for me to tell you what documents to file or the proper motion without reviewing your case file. Since you how have only four days until the sale, I have strongly advised you to seek local counsel.