Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live in a mobile home park. I can smell sewer odors IN my…

Customer Question
I live in a mobile...
I live in a mobile home park. I can smell sewer odors IN my mobile home. I informed the owners of the park and they had the septic pumped (first time its been pumped since I have lived here and I have been here since 1996. They did not recover the top of the septic with dirt etc and left the top exposed and upon moving the top the tank is open and the gasses from it are seeping out and directly into my home. The tank appears to be very outdated and I can hardly believe that it can be legal for them to do this. The landlady basically said its my responsibility to take care of the problem. What would you advise me to do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/26/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney replied 8 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
You can notify the county health department and they will inspect the system. It is not your responsibility but that of the landlord.