Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

home here in rohnert park, ca 94928 five months ago. my next…

Customer Question
home here in rohnert park...
home here in rohnert park, ca 94928 five months ago. my next door neighbor has started to "add on" to his family room which will bring his home within FIVE FEET of mine....I know there are easement laws regarding this issue and need legal advice as he is clearly doing this 'on his own' (i.e., "without proper permits". If someone could answer my question re: easement, legal "space" required between homes, or direct me to someone who CAN, I would greatly appreciate it. thank you in advance for your help. [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/25/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

The city has a Building Division. Ph.(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can request that a code enforcement officer conduct an investigation. If there's no permit, the neighbor will be cited for a misdemeanor and given a stop order.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: If you are on a subscription plan, your clicking Accept does not generate any additional charges to your user account. It only indicates your satisfaction with my answer.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.