Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Hi. In the state of Colorado, are basements of any kind supposed…

Customer Question
Hi. In the state of...
Hi. In the state of Colorado, are basements of any kind supposed to be included in the general square footage of any kind of residential property when listing a property and if so what is the proper way to word or otherwise include the square footage. Are there any rules, regulations or codes governing this and if so please note them.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/25/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Ellen, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Lawyer

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Here is a link to the municipal code for your area:
http://www.municode.com/Library/Library.aspx

In the municipal code you may find the definition required.