Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

how can spouse be added on deed

Customer Question
?...
how can spouse be added on deed ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/24/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. This can be done by quit claim deed. It is filed and recorded in county where property is located. A form can be obtained from local stationary store or law office and preferably have a lawyer prepare and file it.

Almost everyone knows this answer. I wanted more presise answer, Do I need lawyer?

How much it will cost? etc.

You do not need a lawyer but given that an error may cause it to be voided and as the cost of a lawyer handling it is normally a couple of hundred dollars for execution and filing, I would suggest using a real estate lawyer locally. see www.lawyers.com