Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I need help w/ a Real Estate Question. If you are a Real Estate…

Customer Question
I need help w/ a...
I need help w/ a Real Estate Question. If you are a Real Estate Lawyer preferably one who has also done reale estate development (do more than closings). Could you please respond. I can provide details in the reply.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/23/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: JBaxLaw, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
What is the question?

Thank you

Don't want to waste you time. My question is best handled by someone who is both a realestate attorney, possible realtor, and/or has ligitgation experience. If you don't feel comfortable answering this question I understand.

In short, I bought a property as a customeer to a major company that sells real estate all over the US. Do you have conflicts?

My question is simple:

Bouth a property. Agent said it was 2710 sq-ft. The approx range was given to be 2600 - 2799 sq ft. We made a lot of improvents on the house, and we are now ready to sell it. We found out at that time that the property is actually 2545 sq-ft. This is a difference of about 162 sq-ft. Realesate in the area sells at about 63 sq-ft.

The issue is that (a) we represented ourselves in the transaction, we became a customer of the company (b) The MLS sheet we were given does have "Reliable not Gauranteed." We now understand that this is meant to cover minor mistakes. Which during the process they did tell us about. But these were all discoverable during an ordinary inspection. We did inital these changes.

In the MEMBERS comment (we are told that this is meant for an MLS member), in fine print (1/16 of in), it says "buyer to verify".

We did an appraisale (viz-a-via) the bank. The appraisal done by the bank listed that the data was taken from the MLS sheet. And apparently they only did a "drive-by".

The agency is telling us we were responsible for the wrong data. They will take no responsiblity for thier mistake. Which means effectively we will be out for about $10,000.

We had been in discussion with Lawyer/Realestate Developer on this site. Is there any way you can forward this to him so he can respond. And/or can you contact justanswere.com and let him know he still has an open quesetion from us?

Thanks,