Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

As a buyers agent for a person seeking a VA loan, I ordered…

Customer Question
As a buyers agent for...
As a buyers agent for a person seeking a VA loan, I ordered for repairs (necessary as per VA rules) to a property prior to close. The other Realtor agreed to the repairs. The lnder stated the loan would go through but eventually the loan did not go through. Who is responsible for the payment of those repairs?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/23/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 8 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Because the repairs were made at the request of the buyer--necessitated by the method of loan funding chosen by the buyer, the buyer will ultimately be liable for the cost of those repairs, despite the fact that the repairs may benefit the owner/seller of the property.

I wish you a successful 2010.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so. I do work diligently to provide you with the correct Answer under the law, and because I have no control over what the law is, I ask you not to hold that against me. It has been my pleasure to assist you, and would be greatly appreciated if you would click the green Accept icon so that I can receive credit for having answered your Question. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Doug