Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I live on and still farm the family farm. Im 54 years old…

Customer Question
I live on and still...
I live on and still farm the family farm. I'm 54 years old and I've got a brother and a sister who had nothing to do with the farm for over 42+ years, and now they think they can come in and demand their share of what the farm is worth after our parents have died. Have they got the right to basically move me out of my place? I was told years ago in high school about a law called the "Rip Van Winkle" law that said if you worked a farm for 20 years or more, you were considered the owner.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/22/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question.what precisely do you want to know?