Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have property in Novi, MI and my tenant has not paid rent…

Customer Question
I have property in Novi...
I have property in Novi, MI and my tenant has not paid rent in over a year. He also had utilities put in my name and ran up $4000 in gas/electric. He received a notice to quit in early August 2009 and refused to move.

I am a busy man and he has taken advantage to the fullest, I not only wish to evict, but also prosecute to the fullest extent. I live out of state, but will be in Michigan next week.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/21/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. What can I precisely answer for you?
I want this deadbeat evicted and restitution from him, I already sent notice to quit and he refuses to move. The property is 100% in my name.
You need to bring an eviction action in court and pursue back rent. since it is procedurally intensive you should have a landlord tenant lawyer handle it locally. see www.martindale.com