Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Com Ed came by to work on there lines in my neighbors backyard.

Customer Question
They drove there bobcat over...
Com Ed came by to work on there lines in my neighbors backyard. They drove there bobcat over my property and broke several sprinkler heads/pipes. the water seeped down to my drive way and ruined the level of half of my drive way. What should I do?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/21/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. what result do you want?
I want com ed to fix the drive way and fix the sprinkler system.
You can have a lawyer reach out by letter. Typically if there is no questions they caused the damage, this should lead to settlement and avoid need to sue. You can also complain to the BBB and state attorney general office.

Whats stopping Comed from saying it wasnt there fault or they didnt do the damage?

That is a factual question but if you have witnesses and physical evidence, that would be a poor decision on their part.