Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

what happens if u get a eviction notice

Customer Question
what happens if u get a eviction notice
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/21/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. Do you owe rent?
yes i owe one month rent for may and i was out of house on june 7 and they are saying i owe for full momth of june which i dont. i pay 2200.00 monthly and have for 7 months. my lease is up but i am on m to month for last 3 months.please answer all the ? i asked you and i will def. reward thanku
Normally you owe the full month of the month you leave unless both sides agree to pro rate it.
u answered none of my questions please reread and answer all of my eviction ? and then i will pay handsomely not until. reread original i am not satisfied at all. i could care less about money i want to know if they can arrest me for an eviction if it is public for anyone to find out if it stays on my name once i am out.just reread original please so u can get paid and i satisfied
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
reread my original question and completely answer. this lawyer answered nothing but 1 small part
You cannot be arrested for an eviction. it is a civil matter only. There may be a money judgment for back rent and a judgment of possession. It would show up in public records/court records if someone inquires in court or runs a credit check.
1 more question then i will acc answ. i am on month to month which isnt in writing only the 6 mth. lease is in writing agreement. mth to mth was agreeded on by mouth so is eviction actually legal since no signature about it/ also can i get my security deposit back of 2200.00 house is in great shape thanku. can other real estate agents view this or would they have to do credit check to see it. what i mean is is it listed by the address that tenant was evcted and other agents can easily see this?the house is listed and up for sale. is eviction legal since no lease done for m to month
If month to month, 30 day notice is needed. If no rent is due and no damages caused, deposit has to be returned. If deposit not returned, you can sue to recover it. Landlord may permit you to apply deposi to outstanding rent.
is eviction legal since i signed a 6 mth lease and then that ran out and i went m to month but nothing on paper just by mouth.can other real estate agents view this under houses address it is listed for sale does it just show up when someone gets evicted for all to see in real estate since it is a house and a house for sale
It is legal if notice is given and court issues an eviction. entry can be made to show premises on advance notice on mutually convenient days and times.
the ? i asked is can other real estate agents view the eviction in their offices does it come out on paper or a list when a tenant is evicted since they are realators? or would they have to go to court and look it up to know it. i know they can show the house,no offense to u but that isnt what i asked. how easy is it for other real estate agents to find out especially sinc house is listed?
They can check the court records if they wish in court or through a credit report company.
so their isnt some list that comes out on housing or eviction and goes to all real estate agents? im to understand the only way a person can find out is through court records. i thought maybe other realtors could find out in their offices like if a house was in foreclosure a list comes out but that isnt true in evictions? also how is it legal if their was no signature on a month to month lease only sig was on a 6 month lease and that was up in april?
Correct but they can easily check as noted above.
u said corrt but i dont know why. simply put i know they can check in public records in a court but that requires actually putting my name in or wanting to look up my name i know that what i asked is in real estate especially when a house is listed is there some kind of list that goes around to say house is now empty and the reason which in my case would b eviction. so please reread last statement and answer so i can click accept i hate to b so picky but i feel my ? are not being speciefically answered. is there a list or anything by normal standards that shows people or addresses of those that were evicted in real estate offices ?
There is not a list but they do frequent inquiries directly by name and there are private companies that check eviction records for them.
i joined this where i pay 18 a month and can ask unlimited ?so im not sure what u mean
Even on a subscription, you would need to accept an answer so I get credit for my work.
why would i pay 18 for one ? when i am paying 18 a month for unlimited ? i am sorry but that doesnt sound correct to me does it to u?
Your pressing the accept ensures that I am paid and get credit for my work. It does not affect your membership or cost you more money.