Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

my ex fiance and I had a joint account, he had put his money…

Customer Question
my ex fiance and I...
my ex fiance and I had a joint account, he had put his money from his sale of his mothers house(will money) in the account. He started drinking again and getting abusive so I took the money out of the account so I had money for my girls and I to live on being we were not going to stay in the house with him and he would not leave. Now he is saying he is going to take me to court for it can he do this. I thought if it was a joint account the money could be taken out by either party. I live in WI

Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: Wisconsin
okay you answered that now on top of that he says I stole this money and he is taking me to court. do I have anything to worry about with this. Also he has a credit card that he added me as a user it has a balance on it who is responsible for that.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/20/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: BizAttorney, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Lawyer
Don't accept this one, because I think I answered everything in your other question. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions though.