Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am looking for some help with a mortgage problem that I am…

Customer Question
I am looking for some...
I am looking for some help with a mortgage problem that I am having with Bank Of America
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/19/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. What is the problem?
I applied for a Modification due to financiual issues I have had. I had 10 years left on a 15 year mortgage and Bank Of America reduced my term to 8 years and lowered my payment by 16.00 per month, which was not help at all, they do not seem willing to redo the Modification nd I am unable to make the payment. I requested perhaps a 30 year term where I could realize significant savings and a reduction if my debt to income ratio. I am also concerned because now Bank Of merica can use me as a statistic of a modification that they have completed. What can I do I feel like I need some legal help. Thanks
The lender has discretion to deny refinance. It often helps if you have a lawyer negotiate with them especially one who has dealt with them before.
How would I go about finding that lawyer? It just made no sence too do a loan mod and it have no effect on my month;y outlay
You can find one locally by location, experience and practice on www.martindale.com and www.findlaw.com