Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

the tilte in my home is under me and some one else can the…

Customer Question
the tilte in my home...
the tilte in my home is under me and some one else can the other sell my house without my opproval
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/19/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
RealEstateAnswer
No, since both of you are on title, the other person would have to get your approval to sell it.

do we have to sell to get half and half of the $ sold for..

If you sell the home, you each should get half, unless there is a different agreement.
we have nothing in writeing evething was done verball..
50-50 then

WE have no loan on both of names she borrow $ from her credict card but there is nothing in wrieting the onlything is the house titel

Since you are on title to the home, you have an interest. When the home is sold, the mortgage will be paid off and the balance could be split between the two of you, if that was the agreement,

but I have paid her out my paycheck $500... a month but I reduce to250 a month so know she is mad so paid taxes and least by know20.000 so far we paid 40.000 for the house.
What is your questioned? You asked if she would need you permission to sell the home since you are on title and I said Yes. Any other agreement is between you and you should put something in writing if you have concerns.
she said I have to pay for her lawyer to go to court to sell the house . is leagel for her to kick me out of the house when both our names are XXXXX XXXXX?
No, she cant kick you out of you have a legal right to be there. You could be responsible for attorney fees for selling the home.
Thank you for allowing me to answer your question and good luck. Please click the accept button, so i can get credit for my answer.