Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

daughters house was sold through foreclosure even though she…

Customer Question
daughters house was sold through...
daughters house was sold through foreclosure even though she was in bk. Bk firm bundled the case from beginning and her lawyer was barred from courtroom from beginning. Atty she hried had died during course of bk and she wasn't notified of anything as to what was going on. Case finally transferred out to another atty, and during course of that, credit unjion sold house through forclosure. Credit union violated many bad faith issues during course of all issues. daughter forced to bedrest (35) in 04/09, doctor orders, in and out of hosptial during entire pregnancy, tried to contact credit union many times, got someone will call. no one did, however, came home from hosptial at one instance and her car was repossessed. Credit union sent bombardment of legal papers all at once, daughter suffered nervuous breakdown due to credit union uncoopeartive. CU, servicer Colonial Sav did 3 modifications, which cu turned down each time without explanation. Malpractice and bad faith claim. Help
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/18/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Roger, Lawyer

Bankruptcy doesn't stop a foreclosure. If the loan is in default, the lender has the right to ask the court to lift the automatic stay that protects creditors and proceed against the debtor's property via foreclosure.

That aside, she may have a right to file a complaint with the state bar against the attorney for not properly attending to his case.