Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

my home was in auction and i was told to add my son who lives…

Customer Question
my home was in auction...
my home was in auction and i was told to add my son who lives with me on the deed which help to delay the sale, then i was advised that my son should file for a chapter 13 bankruptcy which was done and then it was extended, during that time, the bank bought the house.

this company financial hope for america says they can reverse the sale, is that so, or is there any other alternative.?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/18/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker replied 8 years ago
KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Hello, if the bankruptcy was filed after the foreclosure sale, then there is nothing you can do to reverse the sale.

I would not trust any company that says they can help you without researching them on the better business bureau and whever else you can, because there are a lot of people out there who will try to take advantage of you in this situation.

The only grounds for reversing the mortgage would be if you didn't get all the proper notices of the foreclosure, but you seem to have so that wouldn't work.

Kimberly