Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Was leasing to own home and had a closing date on Apr. 30 and…

Customer Question
Was leasing to own home...
Was leasing to own home and had a closing date on Apr. 30 and found out by the title comp. that the owner has two liens on the house and one is for 800,000. I have invested over 20,000 in the house. Now the house might go to foreclosure and need to know what I can do. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX marcos tx
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/17/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: WALLSTREETESQ, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
WALLSTREETESQ
you need to sue the homeowner for the monies you paid, also consider filing a LIS PENDENS lawsuit to stop the foreclosure, as you have a claim of ownership. The problem you have is if the $800,000 lien is a mortgage, and it is foreclosing on the home the owner would be breaching your agreement, but recovering any money from him would be difficult.