Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

how does one go about getting the By-Laws and Declarations from the condomi…

Customer Question
how does one go about...
how does one go about getting the By-Laws and Declarations from the condominium association. i own a condo. i am being forced to pay for windows that i do not want or need. the other tenants don't want this either. what can we do. the condo association are threatening to put a lien on us if we don't
pay for the down payment on the loan that they want to get for the windows.
is this legal what they are doing?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/16/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

This would depend on what your Bylaws and Covenants Conditions and Restrictions stated as to your responsibility for upgrades. Typically the HOA can issue assessments for improvements to the exterior of the units to the owners, but you would have to check to be sure.

.

If you are unable to get a copy of your Bylaws and CCRs from the HOA Secretary, you can get a copy from the county clerk or land records office in your county. They have to be recorded there to be valid so they are publicly available for review and copying.

.

.

Thanks

If I have answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" BUTTON NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional, and are greatly appreciated. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.