Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Im a renter in a house foreclosed (Bronx) and return to the…

Customer Question
I'm a renter in a...
I'm a renter in a house foreclosed (Bronx) and return to the bank. I'm currently in holdover proceedings, adjourned to 7/1/10. I would like to buy this house (Citimortgage), but need to no how to (1) proceed with purchase offer (as CitiMortgage attorney handling holdover procedure says house must be vacant), and (2) get as much time as possible for possible purchase and/or find place to live. How can you help?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/16/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker replied 8 years ago
KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

You probably have a good chance of purchasing this house since the last thing Citimortgage wants to do is own this property. You will have to obviously offer enough to make them happy.

Yes, you will have to move out first, find a place to live, and then negotiate this. Don't just find a temporary place because you have no idea if this will actually happen or how long it will take, so you need to be sure you have a solid roof over your head. Then negotiate.

Do everything through the lawyers, don't call Citimortgage directly.

I hope this helps,
Kimberly