Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My neighborhood is about 10 years old and my house sits at…

Customer Question
My neighborhood is about 10...
My neighborhood is about 10 years old and my house sits at the bottom of a culdesac. When it rains my backyard floods from the houses above me. The builders have buried pipes in my yard and time has taken its toll on them. My 6 foot fence is caving in and the HOA says they cant and wont do anything about this....Do I have any recourse in this matter
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/16/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

I hate to give bad news, but any statute of limitations for any recourse against the builder would have long since run. Additionally, unless there is something in the Bylaws or CCRs that state that the HOA is responsible for fencing (which is unlikely), then there is no way to legally hold them accountable either.

.

The only option I could offer would be to contact your homeowner's insurance and see if the might have some sort of addendum to your homeowner's policy that might cover this type of thing.

.

Otherwise, the cost of any correction would have to be carried by you.

.

.

Thanks.

If I have answered your question, PLEASE CLICK THE GREEN "ACCEPT" BUTTON NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. Bonuses are optional, and are greatly appreciated. If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.