Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

if a large amount of mold is found in a house and the owner…

Customer Question
if a large amount of...
if a large amount of mold is found in a house and the owner cleans it themselves rather than use a remediation contractor do they have to disclose it if they sell and are they liable if they missed some?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/16/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. Is it being sold as is or with warranties?
I dont know. I just know that if my landlord tried to sell the place I am renting he will never disclose to the buyer the previous water leaks that led to water damage and huge amounts of mold.
Is the condition gone?