Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We are facing forclosure of our home. We recently received…

Customer Question
We are facing forclosure of...
We are facing forclosure of our home. We recently received some land due to a death in family. Can the property be in danger if forclosure should happen. Due to medical reasons we had to move to a warmer cliamte and recently my Husband had an accident and unable to work. We would like to protect the property.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/14/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Jack R., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer

In Michigan a deficiency judgment may be obtained when a property in foreclosure is sold at a public sale for less than the loan amount which the underlying mortgage secures. With a deficiency judgment a creditor can go after assets owned by the debtor, this includes real property, personal; property, and accounts.

If you found this answer helpful please press the ACCEPT button.

All comments are provided for informational purposes only. A local attorney should be contacted for specific legal advice.