Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We have a family property that I offered to purchase the componant…

Customer Question
We have a family property...
We have a family property that I offered to purchase the componant of that property my office is on. We tried doing a lot-line-adjustment unsuccessfully.

So, how can we buy into this property guaranteeing that when it is developed, we will own our portion as it would have been should we had been able to do a LLA. We wish to indicate lines and acreage.

I assume that we will use factional interest with written easements and contractual agreements identifying the rights such as sub-leasing, water-mineral right and lines between acreage.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/14/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: FLACORPLAWYER, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
FLACORPLAWYER
So you want to create documents outlining an interest in real property representing fractional ownership, with deeded easements, land use rights, water rights and mineral rights. Hire a very good local real estate attorney. This is beyond the scope of what any lay person (and most lawyers) can do.