Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Once the writ of eviction is filed when can I change the locks…

Customer Question
Once the writ of eviction...
Once the writ of eviction is filed when can I change the locks on the doors?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/14/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: FLACORPLAWYER, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
FLACORPLAWYER
If you have a writ of possession or a writ of eviction you can change the locks now. If you tell me what state you are in I will tell you how to handle his stuff.
FLACORPLAWYER
Wisconsin, Marathon County
Wisconsin 704.05 You have the right to remove the property and place it in storage. You have the right to place a lien on the property to pay for any storage charges. You may notify the tenant with 30 days notice that you intend to sell or destroy the property. Any medicine or medical devices must be returned to the tenant. You may not charge storage or place any such items up for sale.
I have to be away from my computer for a day. Thanks for the answers.
Good luck.