Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Thanks for clarifying what Colorado law indicates regarding…

Customer Question
Thanks for clarifying what Colorado...
Thanks for clarifying what Colorado law indicates regarding return of rental deposit from a landlord and expressing that one should sue in small claims court to retrieve owed monies.      To sue in small claims court, what is the procedure and estimated costs of such a procedure? Thank You Don [email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/14/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

Hello.

I reviewed your previous question and answer sessions and I want to note to you that this is a "Pay" website -- we are not pro bono lawyers on Just Answer. We are a group of lawyers committed to helping the general public with answers to legal questions for a low, reasonable price (most people cannot afford to speak with a lawyer regarding their problems, so we make that possible -- but there IS a fee for this service).

I noted that you asked a question earlier regarding whether or not this is a "free" website and indicated that you thought that it was free -- so your question and your account here at Just Answer were forwarded on to customer service who will be in touch to close your account and issue a refund of the money that you paid for your first question.

That being said, this third question appeared on the "open" list a few moments ago, and none of the lawyers have answered it because you indicated that you believe this service is free.

I can answer your question if you would like, and give you a lot of useful information -- but we need to know if you realize that after I post the answer, you will press accept and pay for the answer to the question.

However, if you are unclear still that there is a fee for each question on this Just Answer website, then you should wait for customer service to contact you and close out your account, etc.

Many people ask what the difference is between Just Answer and other websites where you can get "free" answers. In many instances, other question and answer websites are manned by persons with little or no legal experience, a paralegal or two,and upon rare occasion a lawyer might answer your question. Here at Just Answer, every answer is given by a lawyer (JA checks the law licenses of every attorney at this site and verifies the specialties claimed by the lawyer). And, if you are dissatisfied with an answer or you think that the lawyer may be wrong, you can forward the answer to other lawyers who can review the answer of the first lawyer for accuracy, etc. Just Answer really is a unique website with a lot to offer -- and we have helped a lot of people who otherwise could not afford to speak with a lawyer.

Please let me know if you want to proceed with and answer to your question with the understanding that Just Answer is a "Pay" website -- or if you want to wait for customer service to contact you to close your account (that can take a day or two).