Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I was served with a quit claim to my deed, because apparently…

Customer Question
I was served with a...
I was served with a quit claim to my deed, because apparently the title company that refinanced my loan, overlooked a judgment, that I wasn't aware of, and the credit company in turn got first postilion on my loan. The new mortgage company is suing us both, claiming that the credit company knowingly used the wrong social security of myself, and therefor, the mortgage company was not informed. I have paper work from the mortgage company showing that the judgment was indeed not on my file. So I was not complacent in it, and I was never served paper work for this judgment. the courts did win against me, even though they were my husbands bills. The social security number used on the court papers never due have my ss right. My question to you is, in the paper work, it seems to be claiming all rights against me and the creditor to be released, and therefore have no interest in my home. is the title company responsible? can I lost my house to a quiet claim?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/13/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Legalease, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Hello. Have you made a claim to the title company on this matter? Do they have any explanation regarding why this lien did not appear in the title search that should have been conducted prior to the refinance of the mortgage loan?