Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

we have an agreement of sale for our property with a annotation

Customer Question

we have an agreement of sale for our property with a annotation that if the listing broker
sells then we will receive 1/2 discount if we buy using his/her services. they are not
providing this service as well since they will gain a 1/2 % fee if they do not find a house
for my wife and children. the contract is good until 8/30/10 and we have a buyer for
our house who signed off on the price yet is now asking for much more extra work to
be done , nit picking, many small items, some we agree to fix others are just a way
to gain further monies from us in order to length the time frame. they have sold their
house and the settlement date is set for 7/23/10, the buyer has already notified
PECO in advance to tranfer name for service and has also forwarded his mail to
our residence. I feel that this is way out of line and have never had this done in
similar real estate transactions in the past. what action should we take on these issues?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 8 years ago.
I think I understand the situation but what are you trying to accomplish?