Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

i hired a contractor to a job, and hes claiming that i owe…

Customer Question
i hired a contractor to...
i hired a contractor to a job, and he's claiming that i owe him money, he's willing to file a lien against my property, what do i need to dispute this lien or what to do since he didnt file yet?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/12/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. You dispute the debt?
we havent get to that point yet, is there anything i can do to protect my property from any lien that could be filed?
You can work out a settlement or warn him that a falsely placed lien will be removed.
he's not accepting any settlement, (the job was to remove soil and clean up the underground of my gas station, we agreed that he will finish the job in not more than 10 days and it took him 21 days to finish, hes charging me for piping that he broke during the job, and he's saying it was part of the job, he's claiming that one yard of excavated soil cost $28, while i called the landsoil company and asked for the price and found out its only $13)
You can threaten to him for breach and report him to the BBB
Relist: Answer quality.
thats not a legal andwer "You can threaten to him for breach and report him to the BBB"
what else do you want to know?