Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

New owners agreed to buy my washer and dryer and then backed

Customer Question

New owners agreed to buy my washer and dryer and then backed out of the agreement when I moved to a new location. Now they will not work with me for a time to pick up my washer and dryer.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Good evening. You need to take some proactive action against these guys. File a claim against them in small claims court for the amount they were to pay you for the washer and dryer. They have effectively taken them by not allowing you to get them and therefore need to pay you for them. It's amazing what being served with a summons that you are being sued and given a hearing date does to cause people to get a situation resolved! :)

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.