Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Maybe I was not clear, the officer that called the landlord…

Customer Question
Maybe I was not clear...
Maybe I was not clear, the officer that called the landlord was not involved in the investigation at all
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/11/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
I understand, and this is something that you need to report to the Internal Affairs Division as a departmental violation this is your recourse against the officer. But the big issue instead of focusing on the officer, is the landlord who is trying to evict her for not taking action and even more important is the boyfriend who assaulted her so badly. Again, the landlord can evict for the breach of the peace and damage to the apartment, so you need to work on that part and at the same time file a complaint with the department's internal affairs division regarding the officer.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Also, it would be VERY helpful if you would stop opening new questions and using the reply button so we can keep everything in the same thread so it is easier to follow.