Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
I live in Hawaii, Maui, I purchased a house in October 2012
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
Hello, I live in Hawaii, Maui, I purchased a house in October 2012 for 625,000. I put down 200,000. dollars and agreed to a 5% loan, 15 years( carried by the previous owner). We went through a title a… read more
I purchased a home with Owner financing in December 2011 and
Loren, real estate lawyer
I purchased a home with Owner financing in December 2011 and am trying to refinance with a bank to get a lower rate. I just found that the seller holding the note put a 10 year prepayment penalty equa… read more
Loan docs (refinance) say no prepayment penalty, but also That
LegalKnowledge, Juris Doctor
Loan docs (refinance) say no prepayment penalty, but also That I will NOT be entitled to a refund of PART of the refinance charge. I can not get a straight answer from my lender--- what does that mean… read more
I took out a mortgage loan in 2007. It was a 2nd mortgage loan
Loren, real estate lawyer
I took out a mortgage loan in 2007. It was a 2nd mortgage loan for 30 yrs, I discovered it had a balloon payment after 15 yrs. The rate is 7.5 % 33000 is the total loan.Countrywide loans was the provi… read more
I have a real estate loan in Georgia on a large number of agricultural
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I have a real estate loan in Georgia on a large number of agricultural acres which was taken out in 2009. I am refinancing the current loan (which is with a national bank in the United States). There … read more
Hi, I refinanced my house in Fairfax, CA with BofA in 2005
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Doctoral Degree
Hi, I refinanced my house in Fairfax, CA with BofA in 2005 for $560k at 5.625%. The loan terms were interest-only for 10 years, at which time it converts to 20-year ARM at 2.25 over index. The adjustm… read more
I was planning for a refinance of a business property. So,
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
I was planning for a refinance of a business property. So, I asked for a payoff info from BoA, which I received in October. There were principle and interest, but no prepayment penalty. Refinancing le… read more
In Illinois the prepayment penalty on a mortgage can not exceed
Richard, Owner
In Illinois the prepayment penalty on a mortgage can not exceed 3% if in the first 12 months which is what I am planning on doing and I was wondering if those same laws apply to a Contract for Deed si… read more
I havent received the paperwork yet, but have been offered
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I haven't received the paperwork yet, but have been offered the following by Aurora Bank Svc's: Rolling arrears back into a 40 vs. 30yr mortgage at 3.75% vs. 5.75%, dropping my payment by a whopping $… read more
I live in CA. My home was purchased in 2004 for 475k with an
LawTalk, Attorney
I live in CA. My home was purchased in 2004 for 475k with an 80\20 purchase loan. I refinanced in 2005 at 521k with an 80\20 to pull out some equity & to pay a prepayment penalty. I then refinanced ag… read more
If I refinance my mortgage with the HAP -with no money out-,can
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
If I refinance my mortgage with the HAP -with no money out-,can I sell the house immediately after that? It will be considered like I just bought the house? Thank you for your assistance, Daniella… read more
I have a commercial loan from US bank, Loan officer screwed
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
I have a commercial loan from US bank, Loan officer screwed me on setlement w prepayment penalties ( I had a fair "business agreement with a "NICE" US bank represantative on NO prepayment penalties -p… read more
We are refinancing our home and receiving $60,000.00 cash.
Ellen, Attorney
We are refinancing our home and receiving $60,000.00 cash. The mortage company said that we have to send a letter stating that we will not sell the house for 12 months. They said that it is a Fannie M… read more
In November, 2007, we had a 5 year arm - it was just at the
BizAttorney
BizAttorney, Attorney
In November, 2007, we had a 5 year arm - it was just at the beginning of the turn of the housing situation - we became extremely anxious and decided to refinance with Quicken Loans, however, our first… read more
If I am current with my mortgage and have an opportunity to
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Doctoral Degree
If I am current with my mortgage and have an opportunity to refinance at a lower rate but have a prepayment penalty that would tack on an additional $14,000 on to my loan and make the new loan not mak… read more
If the amount that has to be paid as a prepayment penalty under
Ronald Frederick
Ronald Frederick, Principal
If the amount that has to be paid as a prepayment penalty under an "interest yield maintenance" provision of a real estate loan is uneasonable relative to the balance of the loan being paid off (about… read more
hi i live in philadelphia.,pa and i refinanced in Oct ...
Legal Ace
Legal Ace, Managing Attorney
hi i live in philadelphia.,pa and i refinanced in Oct ''06 with a 2 year adjustable rate mortgage with a prepayment penalty if i refinance before the 2 years i''m now in the process of refinancing but… read more
My husband and i recently mortgaged the home we live in to ...
JohnW
JohnW, Retired General Contractor/Dep. Sheriff
My husband and i recently mortgaged the home we live in to buy another piece of property. We called the mortgage co. and told them our intentions, the loan officer told us to go ahead and put earnest … read more