Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If I was served with a restraining order, how can I go back…

Customer Question
If I was served with...
If I was served with a restraining order, how can I go back to the property to get even the most basic of personal items, clothes, toiletries, etc. until the hearing?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
You would need to contact the police to return to the premises with them to obtain your personal effects, since you cannot make any contact at all with the party who obtained the order. The police will assist you with obtaining your personal items and will remain on the scene for a reasonable time to allow you to retrieve those items.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”