Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

The bank I have mortgage with approved my short sale. What…

Customer Question
The bank I have mortgage...
The bank I have mortgage with approved my short sale. What documentation should I request from them to make sure they forgive me the balance? I owe $225000 and the house will be sold for $106000.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: JBaxLaw, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Your short sale approval should include a written statement from the lender accepting the offer and waiving any recourse to seek the remaining balance on the loan.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.