Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

How do you deactivate an active title for a manufacture home…

Customer Question
How do you deactivate an...
How do you deactivate an active title for a manufacture home with a lein on it??-
The title is still in the orginail owners name even after it was purchased and refinaced
The property is under our name but the title is still in the orginail owners name
I have called the MVD in Santa Fe - who told me all this info - told me I must try to get this titel transfer to our name and get the lein released
I contacted the orginial Title Company and Mortage compant - they have no clue and I still have had no return call
I have since been told to contact person who will help to do all this paperwork at the cost of $400-$800 -
I do not have this kind of monies and was hoping perhaps it could be done by us
Please advise us where to turn and how to handle

I await your response

thank you

Rosanne and Dave Rentas
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
4/1/2010
Real Estate Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. If you need more details after you read my answer, click reply (not relist) & I will gladly respond

What do you want to accomplish?