How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing attorney with expertise in easements
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can the county take land for a road thats part of my property

Resolved Question:

Can the county take land for a road that`s part of my property that goes to a neighbor land that is landlocked. There is no easement in my abstract to my land I have let them go thru my place. If so, am I entitled for them to pay me for the use of the road or the county to pay me for the land that they have taken from me.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
If the county has maintained the road any in the past then it now belongs to the county as an easement. Sorry. The easement does not have to be shown on your abstract if it is on the ground.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I mowed the right of way and grade said road two or three or more times a year does that mean that I can take the road back .
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry but once they maintain it then it is theirs forever.
lwpat and 4 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you