How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31781
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a grant deed is in joint tenancy can it be change / if one

Resolved Question:

If a grant deed is in joint tenancy can it be change?/ if one of the grantors wants to give up their portion of the deed to one of the other persons who are part of the joint tenancy. Can this be done with a Quitclaim deed??
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Yes, the deed can be changed with a quitclaim deed. The quitclaim deed should be signed and filed in the land records to make the transaction complete.
Roger and 2 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If there are 4 people in Join tenancy, but one of them passed away, and one of the other 3 remaining wants to give their part to the other two can it be done?? Do we have to notify the records office that one of the persons in the join tenancy passed away? Meaning sending the copy of the death certificate, prior doing the quitclaim deed?