How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31687
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We signed a short sale contract on June, 2009 to purchase residential

Resolved Question:

We signed a short sale contract on June, 2009 to purchase residential property. The bank approved the transaction and escrow was opened with appropriate deposit. Our issue is the seller has failed to communicate with any of the parties since that date and refused to allow inspections of property. We heard through our agent that there might be a personal lien being placed on the property but the seller has no equity in the property. Do we have any legal position to enforce the performance of the contract?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Yes, you can file a lawsuit for specific performance, which is a request to the court to order the seller to fulfill its obligations under the contract, which in this case is to proceed and complete the sale.


You should see a real estate attorney in your area about filing this action.

Roger and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions