How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 40998
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a notice of restricted accessccp-1161.2 in California.

Resolved Question:

I received a notice of restricted accessccp-1161.2 in California. Is this the same as an unlawful detainer? It says, I have been named as a defendant in an unlawful detainer complaint that has been filed in...above named court pursuant to ccp 1161.2, access to the court file will be restricted for 60 days. No one will be allowed to view the court file ,register of action or other records unless
with a list of items.

Then it says service of this notice does not constitute service of the summons and complaint.
Do I respond to this form in 5 days, or is another form coming?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question/They are seeking to evict you by need to respond here in writing if you want to contest and remain.You should go on and submit written response here to protect.

This puts matter in dispute.And you may yet get another service of the complaint as well.But you can go on here and use case numbre and court and send letter disputing.You would argue that you have tried to get current by sending rent, etc and sign it and file it here.

Law for reference..
Ray and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ray replied 7 years ago.
Forms to file answer here to dispute and other information and self help..

Related Real Estate Law Questions