How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 57373
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how can i find out if there is a lien against me

Resolved Question:

how can i find out if there is a lien against me?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You can order a credit report. You can order a title search from a title company. You can also check with the local courts to see if a claim has been filed.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
if i order a credit report, it will state right on there if a lien is on there?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
Between a credit report and a title search, you should uncover it. A title search tends to be more comprehensive and includes lien search by the title company.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
one more question please. my dad owns his house and has 2 years left on the mortgage. his girlfriend of 15 yrs lives there. if, god forbid, something was to happen to my dad, would she recedive the house or would i, since i am the eldest child?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
That is a different question, but I will answer it. I ask that you do accept my answers. As his girlfriend she has no right to the house unless he adds her to title or leaves it to her by will or trust
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thank ypou very much for the helpful information. have a great evening!!
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You welcome. Kindly accept my answer.
Infolawyer and 3 other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you