Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

The original quitclaim deed lists a mobile home with the property.

Customer Question
The original quitclaim deed...
The original quitclaim deed lists a mobile home with the property. The mobile home was used as a trade in/dwnpmt on a new moblie home placed on the property. The deed was never changed to reflect this change. I am now in process of selling the property to my x husband, what do I do about the way the original quitdeed is written listing th mobile home?The new mobile home is not attached to the deed of property but belongs to x husband.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
10/7/2009
Real Estate Lawyer: Dimitry Esquire, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Who exactly provided you with the quit-claim, the husband?
The original quitclaim was filled out & given to me when I purchased the original mobile and attached property.
When you were given the "quit claim", you were given whatever interest the other person had in the property--if they did not own the trailer then neither do you. If you need to transfer the trailer, you will have to simply rewrite the deed to show that you are providing a "quit claim" of YOUR interest, which may or may not (in this case does not) have any interest in any freestanding property on the lot, such as the trailer home.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
I don't understand.... How do I write a quitclaim releasing all my claims on the property when the old mobile home is listed on the filed, original quitclaim and no longer there? I just want to sign my rights to the property and the new mobile home to my xhusband. HOW DO I GET THE OLD MOBILE HOME OUT OF THE PICTURE AND OFF THE ORIGINAL QUITCLAIM so I can file a new quit claim for just the property???
I am sorry if you misunderstood--I may have improperly explained.

All you do is re-write the quit claim and do not discuss your interest (if any) in the old motor home. If it was in the first quit claim, do not write it in.

Write in the new mobile home and the quit claim becomes a valid document.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney