Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

What does Section 13 of the Lien Law state When my son puchased

What does Section 13 of...
What does Section 13 of the Lien Law state? When my son puchased his home, he received a document from the sellers,"Warranty Deed with Lien Covenant". One paragraph mentions Section 13 of the law. I've assumed ownership of his home since his death.

Thank you,
Janet O'Brien
9/30/2009
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Question: “What does Section 13 of the Lien Law state?”

Answer: You can find Section 13 HERE. It’s too long to post in my answer. The gist of Section 13 is that a mechanic’s lien is superior to other liens, including mortgages.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

If the information that I provided is helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!

.

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that only an attorney licensed in your state is authorized to advise you in legal matters, and that the limitations of this setting may prevent your legal issues from being thoroughly addressed. Accordingly, please understand that (1) by answering your question(s) I am not acting as your attorney, (2) my answer(s) should be construed as general information only, and (3) our discussion is not an adequate substitute for an in-person consultation with an attorney.

TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Thank you for explaining that part of the law. The liens I'm being told about are for child support (my son not married and couldn't have children-physical problem) and taxes of which he owed none.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney