Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

On January 4, 2009 around 2:13 in the afternoon my wife,

Customer Question
patsem, was communicating with an...
On January 4, 2009 around 2:13 in the afternoon my wife, patsem, was communicating with an attorney in west texas regarding an easement issue. Is there a way of contacting him again or do I need to start all over again.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/16/2009
Real Estate Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
you were speaking with JA Expert RayAnswers. You are from Rosewell New Mexico. You need to submit your question starting with "This question is for RayAnswers..." I will try to contact him for you.
I have sent him a message to see if he can assit you. I do not think he is on line right now. See the answer just above also.
This question is for Ray Answers:
In January my wife, Pat, contacted you regarding an easement and one individual who traveled very fast over that easement. since that time we have had the Sheriff out 5 or 6 times only to be told this is not a criminal offense, although it could easily become one, and that I should do nothing to irritate this individual because he will only escalate the problem. We put in speed bumps at the recommendation of a retired Judge now attorney. We took it to Magistrate court at the recommendation of another attorney -- he did not want to represent us though. He felt it was to costly.
The judge ruled a dismissed with prejudice. The attorney "acted" shocked and said take it to District court. Certainly the judge there will provide a definate ruling. I have 15 days to file in District Court -- June 26th. Again this attorney feels I should do it myself in order to save cost. I am 70yrs old and on SSI. ( Pat works at the Chamber in order to pay off some medical bills resulting from back problems.) So it is nice that he is attempting to save us a penny.
Now this individual is traveling within 60 feet of our front door step at speeds up to 60MPH on a dirt road. Furthermore he has 'landlocked' another person who has property directly behind him by putting up a fence and hot wiring it.
The property being used is on another parties land -- Hilltop-Corn LLC . When I contacted them to see if they would close or control access they said people have been using it for thirty years and they don't want to get in the middle of a dispute. Their attorney won't talk to me because James is also using that law firm so inorder to try and do something with their attorney I would have to hire an attorney.
You mentioned in January that it might help if a threat of suite was used to try and get these folks off their backsides. Is that still an option???
What do we do know????
you will need to resubmit a whole new question
Tina, Lawyer