Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Do I have to have a perk test in Alabama if I,m going to install

Customer Question
a septic system myself? new...
Do I have to have a perk test in Alabama if I,m going to install a septic system myself? new construction on a old homesite.The old house & address had electrical service.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 day by:
6/3/2009
Real Estate Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney replied 8 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
The county has to issue you a permit regardless of who installs the system. If they are requiring a perk test, which is normal, then you have to get a perk test. In some areas they will also not let you install it yourself but that is a local regulation. You will face many code issues so you need to get started right, otherwise they will not issue an occupancy permit.
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
lwpat
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney