How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Counselor Your Own Que...
Attorney & Counselor
Attorney & Counselor, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 868
Experience:  Attorney & Counselor at Law with significant real estate law experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attorney & Counselor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get a judgement against a HOA IN ARIZONA, For Discrimination,

Resolved Question:

Can I get a judgement against a HOA IN ARIZONA, For Discrimination, Even if the Attorney General, Gave know Clear Opinion. The Insurance company is enforcing reservation of rights and not paying the claim. How do I get a HOA Pay cost of this litigation that they brought against me.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attorney & Counselor replied 8 years ago.

This is a tough situation.

If the HOA has no assets, and the insurance company will not pay, you will have a hard time collecting on any judgment.

You can work with your attorney to identify any assets that the HOA may have and collect against these assets.

If you win at trial, you will get a legal judgment. The judgment can be collected at any time in the future if the HOA accumulates assets at a later time.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
If we were able to amend the case, and include the directors of the board,and include all board members be personally liable would it be a better situation.
Expert:  Attorney & Counselor replied 8 years ago.

The lawsuit probably cannot be amended in this way.

Board members cannot be held personally liable for acts done in a working capacity.
Attorney & Counselor and other Real Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Real Estate Law Questions